Saturday, March 09, 2002

What is it that sparks a creative wildfire in the mind? I don't get it. I've never had a flooding of this many ideas before. I've never DRAWN this much before either. Maybe this hoaky game idea has got me trying to do something impossible. Or maybe I'm just board with the internet. I mean, the places I go to may be exciting somewhat, but they haven't changed much. And for the first time I'm actually creating something that is totally my own and not some freakish fan fiction designed to worship the ground they walk on, even if it is fictional to begin with. Still, what is it that makes me do this? I was in a creative dry up untill a few days ago.

Maybe it isn't a spark at all. Maybe it's more like a lightning bolt. It strikes and strikes hard catch things on fire if the conditions are right. Maybe that's where the term "Brainstorm" comes from. So what causes these kinds of storms? I have no clue. Maybe it's the childlike innocence we all have inside of that we've lost touch with. That part of us that made pots and pans into drumbs and towels into superhero capes. That free and wide imagination that has no limitation to how crazy or high it can go. I hope it's this and not the other.

No comments: