Sunday, March 24, 2002

Just got back from the theaters. I saw ET.

Review
Nicely redone. Nothing much has changed from the original, which makes the storyline good to those that don't like change. The clean up they did digitally is so clear you can hear the hum that ET emmits when usings his telekinetic powers to make the play-dough fly in the air. The added scenes put more humor into the movie as well as answer a few questions while leaving several more. I wonder what little Drew Berrimore said in that one part when the mom picks her up? I couldn't make it out. They made ET more emotional, which I like alot! At the end, you can tell now that he was feeling regreatful for leaving instead of looking fake in the original. My only gribe is that they didn't clean up ET as much as I think they should have. There are some scene that while the original puppet did it's job, I was hoping they would throw in the a new expression or clean up the lip sync that they ulimately didn't do. Those with a good eye will see that the new ET is smoother with less wrinkles. Those big blue eyes will just kill you. So expressive.

Changing gears here, I wonder why I go to these kind of stuff? Yeah, there is alot of tech in it that I want to admire, but at the same time, I was for the second time this year in a theater surrounded by kids half my age. The first was for the IMAX edition of Beauty and The Beast. Maybe I'm trying to recapture a lost youth. That would explain alot about why I still act childish and unsure as well as smart and arrogent sometimes. A scary transition between the carefree days where all you had to worry about was missing the next episode next week and the responsibilities of getting a job just to eat what you want for dinner. Like my dad always says to me whenever I ask for the impossible, "You can't have it both ways."

No comments: