Tuesday, March 05, 2002

"...Television has become the new religion..."

Ah yes, the wonderful world of TV. It is the new religion. People like me fly to it like cults to watch a blond kill vampires or see who gets voted off this week from the African heat. Yes, TV is the one thing we can't live without. Thing is, if used right, it can be a great tool.

Some times I like watching the sugar-coated "everything will end with a happy feeling" programs. They make you feel good about a bad day. Sometimes you can even relate to them. Still, the best thing for TV in my opinion are shows that show you what it's like out there. I'm an on-and-off MTV's Real World watcher. Not really a fan, mind you. If someone or something in the preview interests me, I watch. For example, we have in the Chicago Season the classic strike of Homosexual lifestyles verses Southern Baptisit beliefs. This is real life. This is how people really act.

Why am I drawn to these sort of things? I guess it still has to do with my quest for find out the answer to the universal question of life "Why?" Either that or I like watch a good bitch fight now and again.

Behind all the drama and all the camera edits and all the bleeping are some real issues that the world is dealing with. Racism, Homophobia, Aggression, Depression, you name it! These things are still around. You can say all you want that I'm wrong and we've gone pass that as a country, but have we really? We are still divided. People are still doing snap judgements and sometimes keeps those judgements no matter how much they've learned of a person. Idiots will be idiots. The refusel to learn sickens me. We want to be united, but it has to take something like September 11th, 2001 for that to happen. Why can't we just kill the borders, kill the races, kill everything that makes us all different. Money, color, background, sexuality, religion, built and how fit you are. All this crap I hate. When will people realize that you don't know everything. No one does. No one knows how the world works. If you're wrong, quit trying to prove that you're right. Admit that you are wrong! I do! I've made tons of mistakes. It's gotten to the point where I don't believe I'm right on anything anymore. All I know is trivial things like how ghosts aren't suppose to have shadows and the whole Out of Body Experiance crap that everyone things is hoaky and stupid. My skills in Anime tech aren't going to get me any kind of job making the stupid Swordfish II from Cowboy Bebop. No one knows everything. If they do, they are God. And I seriously doubt those that claim they know everything is God embodied.

No comments: