Friday, March 29, 2002

Despite the fact that I can blame the birds and our dog's howling for waking me up, I actually woke from another school dream. What's the deal with that?! In it I was in a math class doing some basic Algebra. It was that whole "Find y if y=x2+2x+4/x+2" stuff that I barely remember. Well, I smell a remedial course that I may take in college. Damn year off.

In other news: Well, today's the day. Aaron and Mark are getting married. One of the few official gay weddings in history! Hope someone is taking notes, cause this will definately go down as a milestone in the timeline. Knowing this, I probible won't be seening much of them tonight online. At least we were able to patch things up before the wedding (thank you, Andrew), and that's a good thing. Well, who knows? Maybe I'll catch Bill online and he can relay me everything about it... maybe... unless Mom goes Super Catholic on me and says no electronics after 3:00 PM cause of Jesus's death on the cross being good Friday and all. I never did understand that part. Must be a Filipino Catholic thing.

Oh yeah, just so you know and not to gross you out, in the Philippines, as part of this holiday, our culture actually nails someone to the cross. I was told it was a volenter, but who in their right mind whould do that willingly?! Whenever I say anything about it, I tell them [other people] it's really a criminal, mostly sentanced to death. The event has made papers saying that it is inhumane. My mother says that the reason they do it is because they feel that if they suffer like Jesus, they will be forgiven by Jesus. Whatever. Doesn't God already forgive everyone for their sins already? I guess that one TV preist was right when I was channel surfing. He said something along the line of "Everyone sees the power of God, but no one sees the love of God. God is love."

AND WITH THAT, this is more than likely the last blog for today. At least, that's what I'm expecting.

No comments: