Thursday, March 21, 2002

Well, it's done. I finally finished it.

About a week ago, I mysteriously started drawing a person I thought I knew. The more I drew him, they more... uhm... etherial? he came out to be. In sort, I drew my gaurdian angel I believe. During the week after starting this, every time I look at the drawing I feel like it wasn't my hand that drew it. Yes, it's my style, but I could not have drawn a body or hair or a face that good! I suck at hands and feet and those came out better than what they normally do. Like most of my drawing, I was about to leave it unnamed. Then it hit me. I was calling him Alex. Ironically, Alexandor is my mom's mom's madian name I think. I never knew my mom's side of the family; they all died at different points before I was born and up untill I was 17 when my mom's brother died leaving her as the only one left on her side of the family. Harsh, huh? Still, no mater how harsh that or any event that comes at me, when I look at the picture I drew, I feel at peace. It's as if a calm is drawn over me looking at that picture as a voice is telling me that everything will be fine. Alex is here to protect me when I need it, but why did I draw him? And why now?

Another mystery still stands. I drew him closing his eyes. Normally, eyes are what I love about a person next to their built as far as the surface goes. Maybe his eyes are so beautiful that I can't duplicate them on paper. I'll never know. All I can guess is that behind those eyelids are the most comforting and loving eyes I could stare into. If only I could see him.

God, I'm hopeless...

No comments: