Thursday, March 28, 2002

Well, so much for a creative flood. I closed two mission in my game plot and then got back to square one. Well, at least I finally got the last weapon into play. Maybe I'll just do a forced ending. This is an arcade-prone game. What do I mean? Well, I hope you got a snack, because I'm going to educate you a bit. If you don't like that, then skip the next few paragraphs.

An arcade-prone game is a game designed exclusively for the arcade. The best example of these are ticket games like skiball or that Catch-A-Rainbow game that my sister got the 500 ticket jackpot on in Vegas. There are some games that are non-ticket games (i.e. video games) that are also arcade-prone. Dance Dance Revolution is one of them, however, once the home version came out, it quickly became not only an arcade game, but it replaced the treadmill I have shoved in my room. The majority of those cames are only best played in the arcade only. The main reason is space. If you go to your local arcade (not your average Tilt, but something that can at least compare to a GameWorks if you have one), you will see alot of games that take up alot of space. The most obvious ones are normally the race car games that have the player sit in a car that is full scale to the one you are driving on the screen. These games don't do well domestically because of the about of space needed to play them. Who has fifty free feet to spare in there house for something like that?! On top of space, the amount of electricity that you use powering one of those machines can make you go bankrupt. You got power going to the screen, to the computer running the game, to the other computer syncing the game to the car/seat, to the hydrolics that control the cars moving all over the place, etc. Games like that belong in the arcade only.

Now, if I didn't educate you, I have a question then for you. Am I not a wealth of just useless knowledge or what?

No comments: