Wednesday, March 06, 2002

My sister and I got into a really weird discussion over dinner. We never talk about our day like a normal family. In fact, my sister does most of the talking during dinner. Anyway, we go onto the subject of music and MP3s. Prior to my computer's death (that's right, I'm not using MY computer), I was an avid MP3 collecter. Why? Well, my main reasons for downloading and burning were:

A) I only liked one or two songs off the CD
B) The remixes and live tracks aren't avalible on the open market
C) The music I listen to isn't avalible on this side of the globe

So what happens? My sister says that durning the Grammies, some big-wig comes out and prevents the tribute to Aliah (Heaven forgive me for misspelling her name) and George of the Beatles. Why? To make a speach about MP3s and how it is illegal and should be illegal. Hate to tell you this, but this is all old news. My mom says that the same deal happened when VHS and Beta tapes came out with the Movie Actor's Guild and again when audio tapes were made recordible with the very same artist in some cases. In the end, it's all about money. I can't win debates. I guess I'm not really as smart as everyone says I am. Either that or I can't debate to save my life.

No comments: