Tuesday, March 19, 2002

As if you can't tell by my iMood icon, I'm sick. Here's how it breaks down.

23:00ish
Started to have stomache pains. It felt like it was getting eaten from the inside and then churning like a washing machine. On top of that, I had the most vile case of "The Runs" I've ever had. I did not know shit could come out in liquid form. Maybe I shouldn't have said that. Oh well, too late now. I tried to think nothing of it.

00:00ish
"The Runs" got more frequent and more vile causing IM conversations to be put on hold for a while as I answered the call of nature. I really wish I had an answering machine for that. Instead of the churning feeling, I started to feel like something was bubbling in my guts, mainly where the kidneys were. It started to affect my head causing me to not be able to talk right or pick bad words for IMs. At least that's what I remember happening towards 02:00. I was told that it was just gas by one of my online friends and that I should try to drink something that would make me burp. Being Catholic, I gave up Coca Cola for Lent and had to steal a Dr. Pepper can from my sister's stash that she gave up for Lent as well. It didn't help. If anything, it made the bubbling more painful and more frequent.

02:00
All hell broke loose. All IMs stoped cause I was saying the wrong things at the wrong time. I could feel my arms going hallow and the cold. At one point my right pinky had a will of its own. I felt hot and then cold and then my body tried to balance out so I could walk upstairs to my room. Against all advice, I layed down in hope that it would go away.

03:34
Still wide away. He was right. Laying down in this state would kill my sleep. I thought it was morning, but when I looked at my clock, it just changed to 03:35. That must have been the longest hour and a half I've ever had.

03:59
My body started getting hotter, and my breathing even heavier. I've been like this before on Christmas. I remember passing out, so all I had to do was wait for it. It didn't come right away. While on my back, my legs lifted to almost a sit-up position and my arms followed by crossing over my chest. I was thinking I was in a mock fetal position.

04:28
I checked the clock again. I swore it had to be at least 06:00, but it wasn't. I slowly forced myself out of the sit-up position I was in and tried to go to sleep among the heaviy breathing and heat I was collecting under my blanket and clothing. I actually went to sleep this time. I didn't pass out... I don't think.

05:01
The garage door opening work me. I knew from there I was sick. Normally, a healthy male has an erection when they wake up. Not this morning. The first sign I knew I was sick. I tried to got back to sleep but failed. My eyelids felt heavy and my eyeballs puffy. My legs were stiff and my neck stiffer. I just laid there as I was. This time I was cooling down some, but I could still feel the bubbling of something in my side. Waves of goosebumps came and went all over my body. They started in the lower left lung area and then would ripple out to the reast of my body. Each time it would change from hot to cold and back to hot.

05:31
I slid out of my bed and slowly walked to the nearest bathroom. I didn't care if it worked. I needed to piss. I passed my dad in the kitchen and told him I'm sick. He replied "Sick of what?" I didn't feel like playing along so I just told him flat out that I'm just sick. He advised to see if my mother had any medicane. I decided to see if there was anything, even if it was some dinky child cold thing.

05:35
Swallowed down two teaspoons of DayQuil that I think was used just in case Jessica had a cold. I really didn't like the fact mom read the damn warning label to my face as I sat there waiting for that plastic cup. The bubbling is still going on, but at least I'm burping now.

No comments: