Thursday, March 14, 2002

Blue
Composed and Arranged by Yoko Kanno
Vocal by Mai Yamane
Soprano Voice: Souichiro Otsuka with Gabriela Robin

Never seen a bluer sky
Yeah, I can feel it reaching out
and moving closer
There's something 'bout blue


Asked myself what it's all for
You know the funny thing about it
I couldn't answer
No, I couldn't answer

Things have turned a deeper shade of blue
and images that might be real
may be illusion
Keep flashing off and on

Free...
Wanna be free
Gonna be free...
and move among the stars
You know they really aren't so far

Feels so Free...
Gotta know free...
Please...
Don't wake me from the dream
It's really everything it seemed

I'm so free...
No black and white in the blue

Everything is clearer now
Life is just a dream, you know
that's never ending
I'm ascending.


I really didn't want to get up this morning. I never do when I feel inadiquit or bad about myself given whatever happened. I really just wanted to go back to sleep, but, as always, my body told me different. After I went upstairs for the morning piss (my toilet here still doesn't work), I saw the most beautiful blue sky out of the window in the stairwell. I almost cried. There's just something about that shade of blue. It feels so freeing, like my dreams are just within my grasp. Sadly, I know that I'll never get there unless I join the blue.

Heh, "join the blue." No, I'm not suicidal anymore, but I still wonder about death. That doesn't mean I'm going to rush into it. Besides, you have to die right in order to be set free. You have to die either of natural causes or of natural causes. There are two kinds of natural causes. The first kind is that of within the body like a heart failure or cancer. The second is human nature. Think about it. What speice of animal is responsible for the most numbers of human deaths? It's ourselves.

I think I owe it to myself to go outide. I need some air. Now, if only I wasn't sick.

No comments: