Wednesday, March 13, 2002

I can't believe I wrote all those bios for the game idea I have. Then again, I can't believe I was able to make up some of the stuff in the bios either. Test Tube Babies of Genome Labs, Space Cats, The United Galaxies, Xero Diplomatic robots. Where did all this come from?

It's funny. I keep hearing this same line over and over. "Today's Science Fiction is tomorrow's Science Fact." I didn't think that was true untill I saw someone say that is can be possible to travel in time using a black hole thanks to Einstien's E=mc2. Then I hear talk that you may be able to reanimate a dead human if you were able to do it right and start the heart up the right way. I know bipedal androids are around the cornor. Honda invented one that has a battery life of about 30 mins. It's only a matter of time till we start flying around like the Jetsons. I really hope we don't have their fashion.

Technology seems to raise alot of emotions. For me, it's mostly anger. Technology never seems to work for me. For others, it's ethics. April May, one of my characters, is a test tube baby from a genome lab. In light of cloning projects done on sheep and cats, people are really worried that we may end up being able to geneticaly clone a "perfect" human. I don't think that's possible, really. Nothing is perfect, and even clones have flaws. Miss Dolly the clone sheep has arthitous for crying out loud! Still, Metal Gear Solid was the first to bog my mind of the potential genome projects they could make. In Metal Gear, they used cloning and "The Super Baby" method to create what they thought was the perfect army of fighters. Acute vision and hearing as well as perfect hit ratios where what they tried to come up with and ultimately failed at. Still, you got to wonder, are we doing this now? Are we making walking battle tanks and cloning humans behind the media's back to create the perfect army? Are we playing God when we aren't suppose to? Could this mean the death of us all?

No comments: