Monday, March 18, 2002

Ever have a dream where you are running away from something? That normally is a symbol of fear. Ever have a dream like me where you are trying to run towards something that can never be gotten? That's the sign of desire sometimes, a want that you have been striving for unknowingly most of the time.

Well, I had another chase dream today, but this one I knew what it was trying to say. The dream takes place in a familar parking lot, a small commercial area near where I live. In the dream, I'm running after a person only to end up passing him/her. I try to run back to the person but pass him/her again! Finally, when I am out of breath and have given up, three people, namely the last three people I was ever friends with, come up to me and check if I'm alright. Man, I miss Rory. I wonder if he got adopted yet? Anyway, so what is this dream trying to tell me? Simple. Don't chase the people who you want to be friends with down. Friends will come to you. I don't know why I had this dream. I'm not really chasing anyone down, I don't think. Well, there is this one group of online friends that I'm attatched to more-so than they'll ever know, but am I chasing them? Well, I do try a bit too hard to keep them, but I don't think that's considered chasing... is it?

In other news: I'm a bit mad at RuneScape. They are adding more and more new features to the pay-2-play servers and not to the little free server I play on. So I can't afford $45 per year to open the new features. Can't the guy just give us something? Like at the least Dueling options? It also makes me a bit uneasy that the people that pay to play are one of the most powerful in the game. Every last one of them somehow got the newest armor and strongest weapon within a few weeks of the launch. It's only a matter of time before the Battle Staves that make the Wizard class more powerful become as common as a naked newbie on the free server.

In all the time I spend complaining on Blogger and playing NeoPets and RuneScape, my sister thinks that I could be doing something more productive in college. Possibly even make something that would blow RuneScape out of the water. It wasn't much of a motivational speach, but it did it's job and got me thinking. What am I worried about? Mostly cost, but even that can be solved with a simple scholorship. Oooo, so-many off just for writing left handed. Too bad I'm a right hander. Being put into a catagory to get money isn't really want I want to get into college. Personally, I rather be rewarded based on merit and not on what hand I write with or if I'm a decendent of someone who made the college what it is today or is a Daugther of the American Revolutionary War (which I'm not) or something as stupid as being the star basketball player. Yeah, it helps, but then there are the people that get a free ride to college because the scored the highest out of 12 people in the nation on some test. That's the kind I wish there were more of, only with less testing. The kind that says to you something like "Hey! You're good at what you do. We have a class here for you. Check us out! No? Well, how about $20,000 a year plus dorm and books for an insentive?" Not a bad deal if you think about it. Still, this is life, and you got to do what you got to do. Too bad I'm not following the rules on this one. Still, that Batchlor's Degree in Video Game Design that only 6 people in the country are going for this school year seems really attractive. "This is a class for those that are passionate about video games." Count me in!

College Facts the Admissions Office Never Tells You About No. 28
The 15 year old Freashmen are real! The 20 year old Freashmen are also real.

No comments: