Sunday, February 29, 2004

The Library of No Information

Today, as planed, I went to the library downtown. I was going to find some books and sources for my paper for Art History on the social and political commentaries of society as reflected in the comic books.

During the Year of the Monkey, however, all plans are suppose to go askew.

Well, guess what happened?

Everywhere I went, I came up dead with what books and resources I could use. The popular material section had nothing, so I had to order what I was looking for. The newspaper kept coming up with various political cartoons and nothing as far as the studies go. The Fine Arts room lead me to books that WERE comic books, and anything about them were few and far between as far as usefulness. I only found two sources.

Two sources is better than one, I suppose, but after going up and down three floors at least five times using the marble stairs, I'm really burned out.

I need a new distraction.

No comments: