Thursday, February 26, 2004

A Second View

Just so that I would have less to do, I was working on my Drawing 2 mid-term while I was waiting for said class to come around.

The deal is with this mid-term I can produce any picture of any size using any medium with NuPastels as long as the idea of "feeling drenched in a flood of connections" is in the piece.

See, knowing who I know (and I may be able to reveal who if things go all nice and neatly), that is one of my greatest fears of the future. I know that someone, somewhere, some time from now will want to contact me because I know someone that knows someone that knows someone they need.

So, I drew that.

Three hours later, I was done, but one thing bothered me. I couldn't get that weird, pale, glazed-over look in the face and eyes. Christina thinks it is because I outlined it. She liked it blurry. The thing is, I outlined it in ink because without it, you wouldn't see a figure. I guess outlining it was a mistake altogether. Yes, it made the piece cartoonish, and yes, I am trying to make cartoons a form of art even though I know there are others out there doing the same thing. For this piece, however, it just seems to hurt it more than help it.

I put it away for the time being and is going to do whatever I feel like on the computer for a while. After drawing for three hours straight on a mid-term project, I think I deserve some kind of break. I'll look at it again once I have forgotten what it looked like.

No comments: