Wednesday, February 04, 2004

GLEE!

While I was watching TechTV's show about conspiracies of the world (namely the assassination of J. F. K.), the phone rang, and guess who was on the other end?

The guy that posted the flyer looking for an illustrator called! He had an accent that just slurred the words into each other. I barely made out what he wanted. All I know is that he wants realistic cartoon characters. "Five-fingered animated humans, you know?" He gave me the address to the auto shop that he and his father own and work at. I couldn't make out the directions, but I know I can get something from Yahoo! He is only in the shop from 08:00 to 16:00 Monday through Friday. This is a problem, because that's where my classes fall, with the exception of Friday. I told him this, and he said that I can pick up his story to read from his father. He also said that I can come over on Friday as well if I cannot make it tomorrow. I do not have to call, I can just show up, but you know me and how I was raised. You know I'm going to call him before I get over there. When I get there, all I have to do is say who I am and what I need to pick up as well as get some other questions answered involving a few things like confirming what he wants as far as pictures go.

This is so cool! I had a chance like this before with one of my dad's customers, but he ultimately didn't pick me for one reason or another. I think that project was abandoned for other things. The guy I just got a call from said that this project of his is five years in the making, so he is in no rush. Still, I'm so excited right now I know it's going to be hard to sleep tonight!

No comments: