Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Technological Passion

You know, I was originally going to blog about my thoughts about last night's interview with Mel Gibson about his new movieThe Passion of The Christ. I was originally going to talk about my feelings about the film and how I find it odd that every Christian and religious group is saying that this is the film to see to renew your faith. I was going to publish something about how I wonder if James has already seen the film seeing how Mel Gibson had various people of the faith from evangelists to even The Pope screen it before its Ash Wednesday international release in theaters.

I was...

...but I'm not.

I had to go through a passion of my own, in a way. Yes, an exaggerated way, but still.

Due to the fact that my sister was on this sucker all day, I have her to blame. I found several spyware software this morning when I booted the computer to do my usual morning rounds on the internet. I had to spend the first thirty minutes of my morning down here just making sure that the system was clean before going anywhere! That meant uninstalling all this crap that somehow made its way on to our computer.

I swear, if and when I get my own computer, I'm just going to let this one that my mom and sister use die. They deserve to have a dead computer for their own stupidity. If they are stupid enough to believe that no one on the internet is trying to get some kind of information from them, be it a Yahoo! password or a credit card number, and not know how to prevent themselves from this, then they don't deserve to have a computer with internet access.

I don't want to be their private IT anymore.

No comments: