Monday, February 23, 2004

Driving

Tonight, I have a study group with Jaime and Christina for tomorrow's Art History mid-term. While I'm all for a study group, I have no way of really getting to and from school. I tried to ask if anyone could take me, but since we all have to get up early tomorrow, chances were slim given how far out I live. The study group starts at 21:00.

When my dad came and picked me up, I asked if he could drive me out here for a study group. He answered with silence. I asked him if that means he didn't want to. He said in a very reluctant tone that he would take me to school and back for the study group.

That triggered off something in my head.

For a few days now, I have been feeling rather forced to do things that I know I should be learning on my own, or rather, should have learned already. The main one is driving. This weight on my mind started when my mother told me that I will have to learn how to drive since my sister is going to college out of state. The main reason is because she doesn't think that she can take me in the morning anymore when that time comes. I called her on it and said she is just looking for a second driver to take her all over the place. As rude as that was, she just smiled and admitted to it. And you thought I was bad, huh?

So, here I am. I have to go downtown twice before the weekend is over. Once for a report on the exhibit going on right now at the Frist, and another to do some research on the social commentaries behind comic books. I also have to get back to school tonight if I want to have any kind of hope of scoring higher than a 70 on my mid-term. Combine that with the fact that I need to do two landscapes for Color as well as who-knows-what-else for school, mix in the regret I'm still feeling for what I did to James, and you can pretty much see why I was so silent on the ride home this afternoon.

I just hope I'm not this distracted if I am able to get to the study group tonight.

No comments: