Friday, February 27, 2004

I Waste Paint

I no longer trust my eyes. They always trick me into seeing something that isn't there. No wonder I can never see reality.

I actually met my goal for the Color mid-term and got one painting done this "weekend." The stupid thing was that the light changed on me while I was painting. I found a new reason to hate for working from life. When the light changed, the color changed on me. Color is important for this project. Naturally, I saw about five different color changes during the time I was painting. If I painted what I saw and not some kind of actually composition, then I would have this really strange picture that literally would get darker and change colors the farther down I went down the composition.

How the Impressionists were able to do it, I don't know. All I know is that trying to paint from life is really hard to do.

Now I need to buy more white and yellow.

No comments: