Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Insecurity Strike Subconsciously

For the past few days, I haven't had to do any kind of major work for the next class of any kind. I tried making up for this yesterday by looking for magazines I could cut up for my Color assignment, but I ended up going to bed about two hours earlier than I usually do. I knew as soon as I hit my bed that these past few days are going to kick me in the ass sooner or later.

That's when I started to dream the weirdest dream I could remember. Apparently, all my insecurities decided to come forth last night.

I first dreamed I was in class trying to make a project for 3-D Design out of unusually long tooth-picks. I failed to come up with an interesting design, and as such, failed the assignment. I then found myself wondering through a gallery only to find myself being lost not only in location but in what I was looking at. I recognized the works I was looking at as late Picasso, but for some reason they looked more like McDonald's ads. I then found myself at Disneyland of all places. Woody came along, but his face was messed up. It was like Eisner decided to get back at Pixar by not removing their characters, but to purposely make them as ugly as possible! Needless to say, I was appalled by this. Lastly, I found myself in some creepy, yet cool, unknown uncle of mine that had the ability to use magic to give us experiences we would never have in our lives. I ended up switching bodies with a straight guy trying to win back the love of his life. Once I helped out, I got my old body back.

So what insecurities came forth in that dream? Fear of failing or not living up to other peoples expectations, of being lost and uneducated (Yes, I have a hang up about being stupid.), of being disappointed (I like Disney because no matter what I'm feeling at the time, Disney can always make me feel a little bit happier.), and of not being able to fall in love.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

No comments: