Tuesday, February 03, 2004

I can't say I don't know how it feels.

Well, this was a sudden shock to the system.

While waiting for the doors to open for the school, my mom tells me that my sister and Michael broke up! She then started to go into this rant about how I shouldn't be this and that, mentioning things about him or going up to my sister and asking how she is. What, does she think I'm an insensitive jerk?!

The whole time she was giving me this rant of do's and don't's, all I could think about was how I can relate. I can't say it straight out, because, well, after all, I haven't had a relationship as public as my sister's. Still, I do know what it is like to be with someone for so long, going through so much good times and a few bad times, only to end up being single again. What bothers me the most is the fact that I honestly thought that this would work out. I honestly believed that she had found the one for her.

I guess not.

My sister is a strong girl. This experience will only make her better and more of a fighter. I wish I could say the same thing, but the results of all my past relationships with anyone have resulted in me being either too careful, too fool-hearty, or too afraid of people in general.

After my mom told me all that, she said that I needed to get out of the car at exactly 07:30. She had an interview to go to. And she thinks I'm the insensitive one, huh?

No comments: