Thursday, February 19, 2004

"I'm free! I'm free! ...Dang it!"

I finally got everything that is due as far as immediate assignments out of the way during my five hour wait with just a little over one and a half hours to spare! There's productivity for you!

The only thing is that now I have one major assignment left to do. Take a guess what that is. Oh yeah, my little 3-D chair.

While trying to figure out what to do with the current design, I saw that Brett was out of class. Since he has already had 3-D design and works in the third dimension (Sounds like something for the Twilight Zone or Sci-Fi channel, doesn't it?), I knew he would be the best person to ask for opinions on. I showed him my idea and was able to bounce ideas back and forth to him. He said that I am on the right track as far as making the object visually interesting. He also likes the idea of non-functional furniture. He did see my "ideal version" drawing first before he saw my ideas. My ideal is to make it into a nice and functioning piece of furniture art, but I know that I have neither the time, skills, or resources to pull it off. Brett liked that chair better than the non-functional foam board one that I am working on now.

At least I feel better about going into this project now. I couldn't ask for anything more.

No comments: