Thursday, January 29, 2004

What is Art?

Yesterday, I drew my sister's nose and eyes from a profile point of view as part of homework for Drawing 2. Everyone made a big deal about how cool it looked and how I should be doing this for a living at the store.

Hello? Only now they start to notice?! What about the other art I've created in the past 17 years!

For some reason, they want me to do realistic over cartoons, which is what I want to do.

What is it with people and what they consider to be art? I consider cartoons to be art, but everyone else sees them as nothing more than entertainment for little kids (and a few teenagers). I consider Disney's Audio Animatronics to be art, but everyone else seems to call them robots.

I guess this is what makes me an artist. The fact that I can see things differently. Now if only that made my life easier.

No comments: