Tuesday, January 13, 2004

A Strange Scare

I didn't do my homework last night (I know, bad, Jon.), so I decided to go to sleep at around 21:00 so that I would be fully rested and ready for today knowing full well that I have Art History this morning.

Around just before 23:00, I woke up with an accelerated heart beat. I could feel it through my chest. I tried my best to slow it down through deep breathing, but that didn't work. I began to sweat and feel cold, like I do when I don't get enough to eat. For some reason, I went searching for my Tic-Tacs. I think it was a moment of panic and remembering that sugar can hold over the stomach for X-amount of time. Unfortunately, that did not help as well. Finally, I thought that I was dehydrated. I haven't really drank much anything as of late, so that had to have been it. I went down stairs, grabbed my water bottle, and chugged the whole thing down as if it was beer and I was a frat boy. It help calm the sweating and the cold spell, but my heart rate was still up. To make sure, I made myself some waffles and sat down on the couch to wait on them. The couch isn't that far from the kitchen. After the waffles popped, I took them to my room, still hot, and ate them laying down on my bed. That did the trick, and I fell asleep like a baby.

Now all I need to figure out is what the hell happened!

No comments: