Saturday, January 31, 2004

Meet The Masters

Organized by The Phillips Collection in Washington, D.C., From El Greco to Picasso highlights celebrated paintings and sculpture from the 19th and early 20th centuries. See the work of early masters such as El Greco and Delacroix as it appears alongside masterpieces from later movements such as Impressionism, Cubism and Expressionism.

From fristcenter.org

Normally, since I can get in for free with my Watkins College of Art and Design Student ID, I would go to this big event that opens today...

But I know it's going to be hell there with so many people from the small yet thriving art community. Not to mention the press. I'm better off going next Friday morning when people are at work.

Still, this is a once-in-a-lifetime event, and extremely important for me as an artist to be able to view these works in person.

Not to mention I get extra credit for going to the show for my Drawing 2 and Art History 2 classes!!

No comments: