Sunday, January 18, 2004

Too Good Even For Me

In an effort to get back to work, I decided to do what small drawings I could here at the computer. The reason for this is because I cannot do any of my bigger projects such as the painting thing for Color without tearing this earphones out of the computer, which would cause my mother to get upset at me given the time and what I'm listening to.

I just completed a drawing that is scaring me. Not in a bad way, mind you. It's scary in the fact that I was able to draw something so well that it cannot possibly pass as my own original art work. If I had an image server provider and wasn't so worried about people "stealing" my artwork for reasons of fairness as far as Neopet Art goes, I'd show you. This picture is almost Disney worthy! I cannot look at this thing in my sketchbook without feeling like this is not my own art.

This isn't the first time this has happened. Back when The Lion King was brand new, I drew a picture of Zazu that was nearly indistinguishable from the film cell. Later on in my life, I drew a picture of a realistic rat in a fantasy setting. I forget the book we were reading at the time, but it involves a field mouse and some coin. And let me not forget to mention the fact that I've been able to render Mickey Mouse with near flawless accuracy.

And I still have to color this drawing! Since it is of my Christmas Zafara (that kangaroo looking thing with the wings and halo) and of his Petpet, Tako the Quadrapus (imagine GIR from Invader Zim if he was a four-tentacle squid, and that's what a Quadrapus is), the only color there is yellow with maybe a purple background to cancel out the weight of the yellow. Everything else is all gray scale. I should save that for tomorrow. It would make great practice for the color assignment.

It amazes me how cocky I just got just now. I kind of wish I could show this to someone that treated me like I was nothing, anyone who was like that to me, really, and tell them "See! See what you could have had! But no! You said I would never amount to anything! There are people out there that want this! I know there are people out there that will pay me for this kind of shit that I am showing you right now! And you said I was nothing!"

I shouldn't get used to being this cocky. It's bad for me to have this much pride in my skill when I know full well that there are other people out there that are better than me.

No comments: