Sunday, January 04, 2004

Waffle Blog

Today, we decided to break from the norm and hit up the mall. Since today was "Titans game day," OpryMills was filled with women that didn't understand sports but knew the value of a bargain, geeks and video gamers (like myself), and sport fans of every race, gender, and age. Yes, "Big Blue" was out in force today, but I did not frankly care. I had a hundred dollars in my pocket just wanting to be spent, constantly screaming at me to buy something. I found nothing of great interest that would make me want to buy it on the spot. The same cannot be said for my sister.

On our way out, we stopped by Blockbuster. We picked up Bend It Like Beckham, mostly because my mother wanted to see it. It is a great movie with a lot of insight into the concepts of trying to keep tradition and trying to be who you want to be.

After watching it with my mother, my sister and her boyfriend decided to watch it as part of their late night movie date. Since it was so late, they used the computer to watch the movie. As such, they used the computer chair here as their own little "love seat," in which I witnessed them cuddling every time I went to the bathroom while I was training my Alakazam. Each time I saw then, I went up to my room extremely envious of them. I wasn't envious at the fact that they found each other and all that good stuff like I've been before. I was envious at the fact that for them, love and dating people is easier for them than it is for me.

Now that the waffles I was snacking on are gone, I should stop blogging.

No comments: