Wednesday, December 31, 2003

Reflections on the Year

(Hey, everyone else is doing it.)

Looking back, I wonder what it is that I've accomplished over the past twelve months. Let's find out what sticks out the most.

Over the last year I have...
  • gone to college finally and survived the first semester of it.
  • made friends.
  • lost friends.
  • found out that I have a disgustingly high sexual hunger due to sexual repression (among other things that I do not like about myself).
  • revived my love for Disney and all the magic it brings.
  • gained hope.
  • lost hope.
  • chased a dream only to fail.
  • gone after something I did not want, but ended up getting.
  • had a boyfriend.
  • lost a boyfriend.
  • had a boyfriend.
  • lost a boyfriend.
  • developed several crushes on several boys I know I will never be able to have in my life.
  • mooched off my aunt more often than I used to for entertainment reasons.
  • maintain all my seemingly useless accounts for another year.
  • joined several sites, thereby increasing the number of useless accounts I have
  • blogged about a year that no one really cares about other than myself
Notice how I failed to mention anything about the war, the president, entertainment gossip, and everything else that the TV stations are airing. It isn't that I do not remember any of those events. It is because I do not care about them. I could care less about the war on terror, I could care less about our president, I could care less about Ben and J. Lo, I could care less about Paris Hilton, I could care less about the debate on the draft. Okay, maybe I'm lying about the draft, but everything else I could care less about. Mostly because I'm sick of being reminded of it.

So what do I hope that the new year holds? Why should I? To set up the next twelve months with some kind of hope or goal would be useless. I mean, everyone knows that people like me will make some kind of New Years Resolution at the start of the new year only to not keep it before February comes around. It always happens! I was better off before I started thinking about these kind of things. I was better off before I was all "Okay, this year is going to be different!" Just let time take its course this year, I say. Whatever Fate wants to do with me is fine by me. It cannot be any worst than what I have going for me right now.

Damn, how I wish I was at a beer drinker and at a party right now. It's times like these that make me wish I was capable of getting drunk.

What am I talking about?! If I'm like this sober, becoming drunk would only make me ten times as annoying!

I need a trip to Walt Disney World for a month. All expenses paid. Hell, I wouldn't mind going if I was some "tour guide" for some rich kid that has never been there before! Come to think of it, that would make the time there more fun. Either way, I need a vacation from all this where I can just cut loose and not care about anything. Not about money, not about making the grade. Nothing. Just me, a comfortable hotel bed, and all the rides and attractions I can take at Disney World.

Like that will happen.

Oh well, here's to the next year and whatever shit it brings my way.

No comments: