Tuesday, December 02, 2003

Something Woke Me

I had that type of dream again.

I walk up to a hotel located in the woods with some friends. Apparently, a very close and old friend by the name of Mai (pronounced MY) greets us. I get her name wrong, but she doesn't care. Apparently, we have been friends for so long but have not seen each other in a while. I guess her name is Mai (pronounced MAY). Spelling thing. We walk into her hotel. She tells me she is on the brink of something big that she wants to show me. I'm excited. We go into the hotel, with oddly tight security. Once inside, we find out why. It is a very expensive hotel. The kind that only people with high heels, ties, and eight-figure bank account would be able to enter. She tells me to wait in her boyfriends office. While I wait with my friends, something goes wrong. We end up doing a Scooby Doo like run up the stairs of all kind. Some ska-pop music is playing in the back ground the entire chase as well. The refrain repeating the phrase "You'll never get the best of me" in some jazz women's voice. For some reason, several other people join in, all rich. All of them old women in high heals. We get to about the sixth floor. I've taken the lead. I look behind to see Mai (MY) on the floor below me telling me to wait for her. Then I hear a scream. The women all turn to the stairwell leading down. They start to scream out the name of one of their friends, Nelly (Ironically, this is the name of our pet bird Dad hand raised.). Then comes another long scream, followed by a sickening cracking sound. Several of the women's faces are frozen in shock. Some turn away crying. A bystander looks at me and tries to run away from the scene. I grab her hand for unknown reasons. She turns white as a sheet. She panics. She then says...

"Life is a risk. It is a gamble. Don't you know that? That's all life is! I don't want to take risks anymore!"

I woke up, my hand on my beating heart. It beats so fast and so hard I can feel it in my chest. I sit there wondering what the hell I just dreamed up. What it could mean. I wonder why I keep dreaming about other people dying and rarely of my own death. I wonder why they all involve falling from some insane height. Suddenly a golden light appears right next to me.

My cell phone service has died yet again. I turned it off for the night.

No comments: