Tuesday, December 23, 2003

Something Close to What I Wanted

My sister's boyfriend's family invited us to celebrate in a Christmas get-together, so you can guess where we were tonight.

It was interesting. For starters, it looked more like a family reunion. Then some friends of the mother came and so on and so on. As more and more people came, I started going into drifter mode. I people watched everyone from every age and generation while still being introduced as the girlfriend's brother.

The food was something else! I never tasted anything like it before! It was so intoxicating and delicious! I wish I could describe it on the blog, but I can't.

I kind of was hoping Paul would be there. I know, that slut side of me is probably going to be showing right now, but in all honesty, I didn't mean it like that. I was really hoping Paul would be there as a friendship kind of thing. Granted we are not friends in the true sense of the word, but he is great company. I'm over him as far as a sexual attraction goes. Still, I wish I could have seen him again and ask him what he's been up to since we last saw him.

Tonight was what I wanted my own family to do but never did. Good food, good company, good stories to tell that you cannot tell because you had to have been there in order to enjoy it in its fullest. I'm happy right now that I at least got this Christmas wish from my sister's boyfriend.

No comments: