Saturday, December 13, 2003

People-watching

People-watching was never really a hobby of mine. It was just something I did whenever I couldn't do anything else. Frankly, the way people behave fascinates me. It is just the way they interact with their surroundings and the people within and around. Granted, I do not wish to formally figure out what it is that makes humans behave the way we do. I just like observing.

While we were at OpryMills, I did my usual skipping off to Jillian's to play DDR. After about four games, I ended up becoming broke and reverted to being a people-watcher. I usually hang around the arcade area watching everyone just play their games and what have you, but there were too many kids around, and things got predictable. Then I found my new favorite spot, provided they are operating. The Hibachi Grills! It's fun to watch how people are so nervous when they first sit down only to loosen up after the cooks come out and do their things. Twirling their tools and cracking jokes. Dancing and showing off their culinary show skills. I wish I could have stayed longer.

Mom said that is where I'm going to have my twenty-first birthday party. I took it as a grain of salt.

No comments: