Tuesday, December 09, 2003

Viral Infection and Jason Infatuation

First off, while I'm able to use the library computer, let me tell you about the virus scan that I need to do when I get home.

Last night, my sister was on AIM looking up her friends profiles. One of them has this message saying that they found a funny picture of her online with a link. The link turned out to be a virus. This was told to us by my sister's boyfriend. He had a friend that had the exact same thing happen to him.

As a result, I had to go into IT mode and fix everything as best I could. My sister cried thinking that she broke the $800 machine, but I kept trying to tell her that she didn't break it yet. In fact, I don't know what the virus may do to the system if anything!

After getting a trial version of Norton, we let it run overnight. In the morning, I checked on it and found out that there were at least 10 viruses. Those that could be deleted were, while I had to manually delete the Trojan virus that was put onto the machine. To make sure that Norton got everything (since this was a free trial only and not the full version), I was running a scan off of the Trend Micro's site that TechTV e-mailed me about in their TechLIVE Newsletter. (See? It pays to watch the tech news.) I got about half way done when I had to leave for school. I didn't want anyone using the computer until I was 100% sure the thing was gone. Knowing how my mom surfs the web, something like this could happen again. I mean, she is responsible for about 95% of the spyware that gets put on the machine that AdAware has to remove.

Today, however, I learned that I need to come in tomorrow with my matte and foam board to recut the ones I did. First off, however, I'm making measurements so I can have the viewing plain I want. Thank God, I have the 2D teacher I have. I know I complained and bitched about her before, but she knows her stuff. She's a big help in times like these.

So, my Jason infatuation. Well, today was his day to present his creative process. I decided to watch him present. He presented a book, a children's book, that doesn't have the prince and princess getting together in the end living all happily-ever-after. His reason is because in this day and age, that stuff never happens. In fact, now a days, it is better to be single than to be married or even dating! That got me thinking about this stupid crush of mine. I figured, why not? I don't mind being single. Hell, for all I know being with someone is probably the most foolish thing I have ever thought of in my life!! I mean, come on! You have to deal with that person and if he isn't perfect by your standards or there is just one thing that comes up that really annoys you, well...

I think now is as good a time as any to just stop while I'm still in one piece. I need to stop drooling over guys and start concentrating on other things...

Like my damn pattern and matte boards I need to cut.

No comments: