Tuesday, December 16, 2003

Next time, don't tell me.

You know, there are some things about my mother that I really wish she would know better than to tell me to my face.

After dinner, she told me in her round-about kind of way that I am fat. She didn't directly say that I'm fat. No, she first asked if I work out still using DDR. When I told her that I don't, she recommended that I should.

Okay, for all you parents out there that are reading this, I have one question to ask you. Do you tell your kids that they are fat?

I'm expecting a unanimous NO!

Come on, people! It is one thing to have strangers tell you that you are fat, and maybe a few friends can get away with telling you, but your own parents?! The very people that gave life to you!? The ones that are suppose to love you no matter what?! No parent should ever say, either directly or indirectly, that their child is fat, especially in the way that my mother did tonight!

No comments: