Friday, December 26, 2003

That Damn Cat

Warning: Longest run-on sentence I have ever typed personally

The battle damage of all my Christmas gifts is small due to the fact that the only things that I noticed that were broken in any way were the Pirates movie soundtrack CD case, which mysteriously got a crack on the back side where all that fine print is, and a tear in my Jack Skellington Hot Topic bag, which was bound to happen due to the fact that I had to put my double-bell alarm clock back in the bag unwrapped, which is in a plastic box with sharp corners on the base which, we all know, is as sharp as a razor blade if given the right situation and can cut through anything except, for some bizarre reason, the Nightmare Before Christmas film art book, which is still wrapped along with my Haunted Mansion music CD making the only things that I actually opened after unwrapping everything all the gifts involving Pirates of the Caribbean like the movie soundtrack, which I'm listening to right now as I type this blog and this insanely long run-on sentence that would make my English teacher question that B she gave me for the semester.

(The above is a good example of how to piss off your English teacher.)

But that is the least of my worries right now.

My sister is babysitting a cat for the neighbors across the street. Three days ago, it never came home. My sister is visibly upset about this, to the point of tears one night. This is her responsibility. She is responsible for the cat's well being and overall safety. She is suppose to be taking care of the cat for the neighbors until the owners come home this Sunday. To my knowledge, she has called up the family and told them about what happened. She still is feeling really bad about everything. There are only two things that help her feel any better. Playing games online and, of course, her boyfriend. I applaud Michael's sweet nature in the way he is helping her look for the cat as well as making my sister feel better about the situation. It is very charming and a good quality to have in any person, boyfriend, girlfriend, or even just a friend. Still, though, that damn cat has been the case for a lot of worry and stress for my sister during a time of vacationing and relaxation. She doesn't deserve this, especially from some damn animal as fickle and snotty as a cat!

It is times like this I wish I had the power to do something for her. If I could, I'd gather all the cats in a fifty-mile radius and line them up like they were in a police line up for my sister. I hate seeing her in any state I'm not used to seeing her in, and seeing her being all upset about anything is one of those states, second only to her crying.

No comments: