Monday, December 29, 2003

Wanting to be Lazy

I have been given an assignment, but unfortunately, I fear that I will not be able to complete it on time. The deadline is this coming Wednesday.

So, what is it that I have been assigned to do? Apply for a scholarship. Yes, I know, that's a really good assignment. Yes, I know that it will help me given our financial state. Yes, I know I don't have a chance at winning it because I'm up against my own sister!!

So what do I have to write about? I have to write a 200-word essay on who has greatly impacted my life as well as another 200-word essay about what I hope to achieve after college. Total bullshit questions. I believe scholarships should go to poor people, like myself, that show great academic promise given their public school records rather than this whole "write an essay and maybe we'll pick yours if it is the best" crap.

I don't want to do this, but we need the money. The award gives out a minimum of $1,000. That's nearly a quarter of my semester tuition! Even though I know I do not stand a change, I need this money.

Why is it that I always go after the things that are impossible to get? I guess I'm living up to my motto.

No one said life would be easy.

No comments: