Thursday, December 25, 2003

A Very Un-Christmas Morning

I'm sitting here now, wondering why no one woke me up at some insane hour of the morning to unwrap Christmas presents (the few we have). There's no Christmas music playing, no one making or even attempting to make a Christmas breakfast, and my sister, who is usually so full of spirit around this time of year, has left to do her responsibilities for the neighbor's cat.

I already know what I'm getting. It is not going to be that big of a surprise to me. It doesn't look like Santa came to our house. Maybe it is because mom put the Nativity scene in the chimney, thereby, blocking his way in. I was hoping for something special in my little bumper stocking that I got from Megan on the last day of the semester. Maybe that's hoping for too much.

Why can't we all have a Christmas morning like what we see on TV?

No comments: