Saturday, December 20, 2003

The Fellowship of FORGET-IT

Everyone is sleeping, so I decided to do some quiet blogging.

I tried watching The Two Towers DVD special features, only to get bored after the second feature. I guess you can only sit through those things if you are a real hardcore fan of the movies and/or books.

I did notice something while watching those two features. No, it wasn't Orlando's washboard abs (although I did notice those too). It was a real friendship that made me think about what I was trying to do in high school. You know, the whole, trying to be friends with everyone I could, namely the popular people. I've already seen and can identify all my failures in that quest, but I couldn't help seeing a mirror between the cast of the Lord of the Rings movies and the type of people I would try to befriend.

Elijah Wood seems like the kind of Mr. Popular personality. The fun-loving, well-rounded, down-to-earth kind of guy that could be anyone's friend. He would be the kind that I always thought I didn't have a chance befriending, mostly because of how many friends he already has.

Orlando Bloom looked like the thrill seeker that I know I need in my life to finally live! In one feature, he took one of his fellow cast members bungee jumping, something that his friend was scared to death of. As many times I have admitted this before, I know I need someone in my life that will put me in front of my fears but yet still have my back like Orlando. He, too, looks like he knows how to have a good time and knows how to make people smile if given the chance.

I don't know, maybe I'm giving what I saw on the DVD too much credit. Yes, I know that footage is real, unedited, and all that good stuff, but still. They were pretty much stuck with each other for three years! Three years with nothing but the same people around them. And they made the best of it. They enjoyed it. The good, the bad, the pain, and the pleasure. That is why I feel a twinge of envy towards what they have.

You wouldn't understand unless you saw it through my eyes.

No comments: