Tuesday, April 30, 2002

She wants me to finish applying by when?! FRIDAY?! This Friday?

From DigiPen - 3DCA Admission Requirements:

Deadline for Fall Admission.
DigiPen will accept applications to our A.A. degree programs in 3D Computer Animation until April 30, 2002.


Well, unless you didn't read the header or didn't check the calendar today, I'm out of time. That's what I get for finding out about it a few days ago. Mom is still acting like I have a chance though. Yeah, I know, I could do all the gathering of "Offical High School Transcripts" and portfolio making and typing up the personal essay, but lets get real here. Even though there is a "rolling deadline," the fact still remains that I don't have a snowball's chance in the seventh circle of Hell. (Sorry, I've been reading The Divine Comedy by Dante online.) So why apply now?

Besides, there's always next year, and by then I'll have everything I need gathered and picked out nicely. I'll have letters of recommendations that will look very professional and not rushed (not saying that any other one would look unprofessional). I'll have the perfect portfolio given my skills. I would have gone through my essay dozens of times over to make sure that it is spelled right and grammatically right. So since I missed the deadline, why gather all this stuff just to get it turned down because they filled up the 40 Freashmen student cap? It's not like a meteor is going to hit the Earth any time soon.

No comments: