Thursday, April 25, 2002

I dunno why, but I just watched the only two Disney Animated movies that I had a solid and personal connection with. Okay, so most of the movies I own have some kind of connection to me personally with the exception of some. These two for some reason struck me kindda funny.

"Someday I'll be part of your world."

Movies like the one this line came from make me wonder if we are really unified as a culture. We as humans are afraid of what we don't understand and fear that sometimes. If we are educated, we won't be afraid of something we don't understand. We would know how to deal with it and know that it's nothing to fear. I think when we fear people for something superficial like wealth or color that we aren't really giving them a chance. I've been on both sides of that coin. At least when I young, I was able to turn that side of me away. Now I'm on the side yerning for acceptance rather than the non-accepting side. Still, I can't help but wonder what makes people afraid of people. And I don't mean that they are shy when they are spoken to either. I'm talking something bigger than that.

"When will my reflection show who I am inside?

Yeah, I can identify really well here. Here I am trying to be respectful and honorible and all that good stuff to my family while trying to do my so-called "duties" of going out to the world, learning to drive, going to college, and so on. What am I doing while being myself? I'm silently and slowly ripping their heart in two by not doing what they wish when they want and how they want. Whenever I see myself in the mirror, I feel like I'm looking at someone I don't know. Whenever I clasp my hands, one doesn't feel like mine. I wonder what it will take to make me feel like I am worth something to them, my parents. I want them to be proud of me while still being able to do what I want. I just want everyone happy with me.

No comments: