Tuesday, April 16, 2002

What am I living for? What is my ultimate goal, my final destiny? What is it that have I have been suffering and enduring to get to?

"Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice." This quote is wrong. Destiny is not either of these. Destiny cannot be chosen not can it come by chance. It is set. There is only one being in the universe that has control over everyone's destiny. That being is God. It is that being who has the control over lives. If a person is destine to lead the world in total pacifism, leardership qualities shall be entrusted to the person. If a person is destine to become a musician, musical talents shall emerge. If a person is destine to be an antagonist, they are given no heart or morals. If a person is to be an artist, they shall be given a new perspective in life. It is the choice of the gifted or cursed person to ignore these traits, but they can only ignore and not escape. One cannot escape destiny. It is impossible. Should one attempt to, he or she will only been thrown back into the set path. A mother, retired from her job in the payroll department and knows nothing else, may find out during a period of boredom that she can paint landscapes well enough to sell them. Her destiny was to be an artist, yet she was unaware of it. A destiny is best found early so one knows where to go in life. It is the only thing that motivates people unknowingly. To say that we as humans can control our own destiny means that everyone is the nearest thing to God. Humans cannot control anything but their actions. Destiny is far too out of reach to control. In fact, no one can escape the ultimate destiny. That destiny is death.
--Senoir Independent Study Journal entry, Date Unknown--

It's funny. That entry was read by someone that was trying to help me pick out a college. He said that I'm more fit to be in a physcology class given that. Maybe I am destine to be a writer than an artist. I do have more pratice as far as writing goes. I do all my socializing on IMs, I blog, so why shouldn't I be a writer. I can't spell, but with spell check, that can be fixed. Still, communicating the ideas I want to get across is another matter.

Someone said to me that "communication is constant learning". Something that may make perfect sense to me more than likely will not to anyone I talk to that doesn't know me or does not think the same way I do. If anything, talking to people is a learning process. A hard one too. One has to learn the level of understanding and principels behind what a person thinks and believes. The real challenges comes from expressing your ideas in forms of words. No one can perfectly express ideas in words and get everyone to understand and appreciate it the first time around. That takes years of practice and years of talking to everyone from all walks of live. If not, then more than likely you'll come off as stupid, offensive, rediculous, half-assed, or backwards. If you can, isolate the misunderstanding and work on it.

It sounds so simple, but for me, it doesn't work when the persons you have misunderstandings with blow up in your face at the moment you piss them off unintentionally because you are speaking your mind.

No comments: