Wednesday, May 01, 2002

I am cursed today with an important goal and a disablity.

I need to write an essay for the sheer humoring of my parents seeing how the application for DigiPen is currently impossible and not for the application process. I can't come up with something worthy of an admissions board on such short notice. I don't think anyone can.

The essay is simple, answer so much in so many words. 150 words minimum, 300 maximum. That seems fair, right? Anyone could write that. Thing is this is a college board I'm trying to impress. I was barely able to get out of the school division of Writer's Showcase let alone pursade anyone that I'm college material. That's pretty much the suttle goal in writing this essay for them, I think. It's to show them that I'm worth accepting into their school.

Another matter I have to figure out is my portfolio. There's such a big loophole here that I can't help but want to exploit it. Basically, they want 10 dated pictures with the title and the media used in a 8.5" X 11" binder with my name and what class I'm applying for in the front. Slides, photographs, or photocopies; no digital. That's where my first problem lies. A good chuck on my art is all digital and all of which aren't dated with nothing more than a CDR burn date. It may not be the date of compleation, but it's a date. Loophole one is that there is not recency set, so I can pick out anything from any date. On top of that, loophole number two is that even though it's a digital school, they didn't say that all my pictures had to be off the computer. Yes, most portfolios are the kind that have art that is hand done, but in this day in technology it was one of those kind of questions you couldn't help but ask. Besides, I like some of my drawings and want to show them off if I can.

Now if only I could show my parents that since the deadline to sign up was yesturday that turning in my stuff on Friday would just be impossible let alone give me a slot to get in. They don't have the power Josh has. They can't promise me that I will get in like it sounds like they are saying. Let's get practical here, people!

No comments: