Sunday, May 26, 2002

Today was a good day.

Starting to day off, we went to Opry Mills. It was early, so I popped in about $9 onto my card and waited. There wasn't much of a crowd for me to show off since they just opened. As I waited, I saw a lanky, kind of average guy go on the DDR machine. His style was kind of sketchy and hesiant. Almost like he was afraid to hit the up button. For some reason, I thought of James and how I was going to teach him. Then it clicked me. I never really taught anyone! I've tried, but those little girls I kept coaching every time I see them play the game don't listen. Go figure. They think Britney rules the dance world. Anyway, I decided to analyze his game. Besides the fact that he has a slight one-foot promblem (I don't know which), it looked as if he was a bit too tense. Like he was concentraiting and thinking about what buttons to press. I approached him after he was done and told me what I thought his problem was and began to give him some tips. We also begain to talk about the DDR TourniMIX circet and what was cool and what wasn't. Then when the crowd began to pick up, I jumpped on. After doing my three songs, we talked some more and I gave him a few more tips. We even did a verses mode. Surpizingly and very unacceptedly, he gave me his card with all his contact information. I wanted to be respectful and gave him the URL to this blog. Mistake or not, I don't care. I mean, this URL is already on Yahoo! somewhere. After resting up and after Joe Weaver left, I decided to just play for the hell of it. At one point, I got the attention of someone that gave me a free game! Go me! He looked like a wigged out version of Brian Allison, a hacker skript kiddie and raver I once knew, gone gothic, but as soon as he started talking I knew it wasn't him. Turns out that free game ended up getting the attention of about 3 vacationing families. Think I'm the best? Nope. There is always one better than you. After I went bust, a guy that goes by the BBS name of Shorty (I think) on DDR Freak got the attention of 4 vacationing families, bystanders, and customers sitting in the bar area. Oh well. I was in a good mood even after going bust on that machine. I had a good time, and I got to see some really really cool freestyling up close for a change.

3:00 came and went, and I found myself sitting with my sister at the food court with her friend. Originally, my sister and I made a deal. She didn't think anyone was coming to watch Spiderman with her, so I opted to buy her a watch she had been eying for a while. Well, since I was in a good mood, I decided to help her get it anyway. She didn't believe me at first thinking that I'd want some payback or put her into debt or something. Yeah right! I was just in a good mood, and I wanted her to be in one as well. So, she paid her $18 and I shelled out $10 to make up the differance, and that was that!

With all this good karma going for me, I knew it was a matter of time before my day was shot all to hell. I mean, come on! My track record clearly shows that whenever I have a good day, something bad happens before I hit the bed. Well, I think this was it. And I must say the dark side is really starting to lose it's punch when it's trying to disappoint me. What am I talking about? Read this letter I got from DigiPen:

Thank you for your application to DigiPen Institute of Technology. We regret to inform you that you do not meet the requirements for the 3D Computer Animation program, and have therefore not been accepted to the course at this time.

Figures.

We encourage you to upgrade your art skills through college or university level coursework and re-apply to the DigiPen Insitute of Technology for the next admissions cycle, for the academic year beginning September 2003.

I bet they say that to all the rejects. Oh well. I knew I wasn't going to get in from the start. Maybe that's why I wasn't as shocked. I mean, my whole effort was half-assed anyway. I haven't done any art work since my computer crashed back in December of 2000. I've been using the laptop and the iMac since, and neither of them have the art programs I need. On top of that, what does DigiPen mean by saying they encourage to upgrade my skills through college level courses? Are they actually saying that I need to go to another college before I go to them? I knew my major when I was only 4 years old!! Anyway, thinking that shot my day after meantioning it as a general statement to the family in the car ride back from Opry Mills and the post office, mom attempted to cheer me up by allowing me to buy a few (or, rather four) bags of the Prawn Crackers I like for the International Market. Guess she didn't want me depressed when I have to cook for them later.

Then, when we got home at about 5:00, I had the honor of cooking. About halfway through, dad left me in the kitchen, and mom & Jess went to sleep to the CDs. Now how can my own mother sleep through Sum 41 is beyound me. If my sister can do it, apparently, so can she. No big anyway. I ended up doing everything just fine after everyone decided to leave for NeverNeverland. And it tasted damn good too. In case you are wondering, we had burgers. I had to grill the patties, toast the buns, and then grill these giant portabella mushrooms! Good eating, I say.

Damn, and to think I said yesturday that I don't blog as long as I used to when I'm happy.

No comments: