Thursday, May 09, 2002

Ok, I feel as if I'm getting tortured by the entertainment industry.

For starters, I just realised that Star Wars: Attack of the Clones opens next week. I'm upset at the fact that I do not have advanced tickets to go to any of the showings! Jess says to wait till the hype goes down and watch it after the first few days are done. Where's the fun in that? I've been to a Star Wars opening night before with Episode I, and it was fun! A theater full of people watching and cheering and enjoying the movie with you. It's better than being on of, say, a dozen people in a theater able to fit about 140+.

Second, I'm worried that this movie being lisenced under Columbia/TriStar is going to be botched up. They haven't released a date let alone a press release that they will be using the original cast for the dubbing. My worst fears for this film? Well, the Twin Towers make an apperance as well as various Coca-Cola ads and a pack of Malburo smokes. If those get deleted or replaced or something, there goes the pop referances. Besides, the setting is in the year 2171 or something like that. By then, I bet the Twin Towers, or at least a replica, will be rebuild by then. The second one is that they won't do a good dubbing job. If I was incharge, I'd have the original production for the show come in, do their job, and then put the C/TS logos in the front to make it look pretty. You know, kindda like how Disney says Toy Story was their film but Pixar did all the work? Lastly, and most likely the sign that all good things have come to an end entertainment wise, is if they rewrite the music to it! They do that, and I swear there are going to be alot of angry fans out there. Man, if only I had some kind of connection to the department of Columbia/TriStar that is responsible for destributing this movie...

No comments: