Sunday, May 12, 2002

Aiya, what a day!

First, we went to the Frist Art Center. It is probibly the only art gallery in the entire city with a regular attendance rate, but at least it has a few things that I liked. One thing in particular was a moving sculpture called Recurring Dreams by Gregory Barsamian. Basically it's a seires of figures that are rotating at a high speed and synced to a strobe light. The result looks like a choppy animation similar to the era of film's birth. The other thing I liked was the interaction area where you could make and learn how to be an artist. I was wanted to show off some, but the people weren't coming in as often as they were when we got in. Hey, I'm an attention hog.

After that we went to the only international shop in the city to pick up some items for a BBQ. We also picked up some Prawn Crackers to snack on. They aren't really crackers since they look like french fries, but they are a good snack food from the Asian area. Right up there with instant noodles.

After everyone was rested up and I had programed my parents VCR to record a Star Wars Fan Film Fest (since I can't go to see Episode II), I ended up doing the grilling. While I was doing the burgers, I heard once again what Bill said one night about how I can't be socially accepted at most BBQs cause I don't eat steak and ribs. I also started to think back to every BBQ I've been to and found something rather interesting. All the BBQs and picnics and beach parties that I've gone to always had either hot dogs and/or burgers. Meat products I eat. Am I to conculde that those aren't really BBQs when I thought they were?

Oh well, I don't want to ruin a good day. I think my IMs later tonight will do that... as always.

No comments: