Saturday, May 18, 2002

They are impossible! Simply impossible!

Last night, I had a realization. A forced realization. I'm pathetic as far as what I can do and how I do things to get what I want. I hate it. I tried to change it tonight by finally laying it down to them. Trying to say to them what I want. I couldn't even do that.

Mom came back from San Antonio. I took the car ride home to try to tell them that I want to go to Seattle even if DigiPen doesn't accept me. Then they slapped me with something unexpected. Mom said that if I do get accepted that they will come down to Seattle with me and celebrate by seeing the campus and having a vacation up there again. The good thing is they will be leaving by the time school starts in August down here in Nashville. I tried to argue with them that they aren't the ones going so they shouldn't even have to see the campus, but no way. I even asked if pictures of the campus would hold them over. No deal. Then I asked what they would do if I wasn't accepted. Honestly, I'm not expecting to get accepted given my poor effort into it. As well as any mother, she said in her little maternal way that they may send me. Their only gripe is that I don't have a place to say. I told them that I really did, but thanks to a misunderstanding several nights ago when Dan called, they think that he is leaving. Then in true jet-lag fashion, she went to bed.

Amazing how much damage can be done by something as small as a misunderstanding...

Also amazing is the fact that even though I won two online arguements--one of which applies to the newly given factors--I lost this one because I couldn't get a word in. Who stopped my from talking? My gabby little sister. I don't know why, but she just had to nag and nag about this and that and blah blah blah. At one point I told her to shut up because I didn't want to hear any more about how Robyn is such a bitch to her. And, as always the case when I do something to either inturrupt her or shut her up, she snapped back at me like a straved wolf. I really don't think she realizes that I need to talk sometimes, and just cause she needs to get something off her chest verbally doesn't mean that I don't have that same right. It's just like that during dinner. She does all the talking, and mom and dad treat her with all the attention. All cause she can't shut up about trivial things.

It's times like this I start to think that I'll never be heard.

No comments: