Thursday, May 02, 2002

Note to self: Get better hair gel.

I really wish sometimes I looked as good as... oh, I don't know, Matt Lawrance of the Lawrance Brothers on TV or even that one guy from that movie about some house they won going AWOL on them. It sucks that I've sunk to this level.

Guys have to be lean and hold six-pack abs with a nice golden tan and a car worthy of driving around with hit shirt off; girls have to be a size 0 and a perfect 5' 10" with big boobs and a nice butt. Superfical things to arouse the even most easily pleased. The whole world has been thrown into this mindset thanks to television that if you don't look a certain way, you aren't cool. You never see REAL men modeling, or for that matter REAL women on the cover of some fashion mag you pick up from the grocery news stand. But no, they have to put Leonardo DiCaprio in front of the camera just cause he looks good. I really thought we were all pass that whole "looking on the outside" thing, but I guess that stops short of if your black or white.

I have to admit, I am in that kind of catagory where unless someone looks a certain way I won't be attracted to it much. I wish I wasn't there, but it's rather hard to do that when you're like me and are wooed by the next semetrical face that walks by. (I say semetrical because they have found out that the most attractive people have the most cemetrical facial structures. In other words, half of their face is a mirror image of the other half which is more pleasing to the eye sight.) Yes, I do realize that is also very superfical of me, but let me pose you a scenario. Have you ever thought about how nice a person is? Just cause they look nice and act nice and suave doesn't mean that they are like that all the time. It's like most tropical plants. The look pretty, but they can be deadly. I'm not saying that all good looking people are jerks, but there are some that are so blinded by their flawless skin or their size C breast that they can be. Yet another case of where beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

If beauty is in the eye of the beholder, then I need a better pair glasses.

No comments: