Monday, October 27, 2003

So Cute Yet So Ugly

I am doing this entry into my blog partly out of spite to the world, partly because I just realized a sad fact about life, and partly because I need to get this off my chest. Okay, that's half true. I'm really doing this because I still don't know how to tackle my Creativity paper, but anyways...

I have come to the realization that the majority of all attractive people (or at least the ones I find attractive) will end up having some kind of characteristic that is just as ugly as they are good looking.

I found this out today while waiting for my ride. I was talking to Austin. We exchanged pleasantries and began to talk what our current mood was. Austin was talking about how he couldn't smoke a joint before school due to various reasons. What upsets me wasn't the fact that he smokes. What bothers me is the fact that he said this in a way like smoking a joint before class was a normal occurrence in the world, as if everyone was doing it.

Drinking, drug usage, and smoking are my biggest pet peeve among people that I am attractive to whether they are gay or straight. I should add "how people treat me" to that list given what just happened to me, but I'll explain this now.

When Jaime said that "the boys" (and you know who I'm talking about) sounded like jerks, I agreed with her. This still surprises me. The fact that I agreed with her and called them jerks. I don't ever remember describing them as jerks before this. The sad reality is that it is true. They were jerks.

The one thing that kept happening when I knew them and had contact with them on a regular basis is that I would always say or do something that would upset them. It was normally something that they didn't get due to cultural reasons or because of my stupidity. They made it look like it was a big deal, a relationship killer. A few weeks later, either they or I would come back to the other begging for forgiveness. Normally, I would be doing the begging. After everything was back to where it was, the same thing would happen. It was a cycle that just wasn't worth keeping in motion.

The one event that still upsets me is one that involves Josh. I cannot get over how he twisted my world around into making me look bad.

It is no big secret that I am a Disney fan. Hell, I have two links to Disney related sites on my side-bar!! I like to consider myself to be very knowledgeable about the park and the company. I'm no expert, and I never claim to be. If anything, I'm well educated about Disney as far as the company and parks go. Now, remember that Disney Vacation that I owed Jack? The only reason that came about is because I was sharing my knowledge about the park, its many secrets, and anything that I felt would interest him. Yes, I did want to talk him, and yes, I still wish I could, but this is beside the point. Somewhere along the line, Josh started talking to me about what I know. Naturally, because I do not live anywhere near the park, I told him the source of my information. Apparently, to Josh, everything on the internet is fiction, be it from a creditable site or not. The information I gathered, he considered, was false, invalid, and just plain wrong. I came off as being at the park every day of my life! Please! If I could do that, do you think I would have this boring of a life? The bottom line is in the end all my little facts, tid-bits, and secrets were seen as nothing but trivial knowledge good only for taking good friends out for a good time. I was mislabeled as Disney Expert when I made no such claim.

I do not like it when people treat me as if I am expendable. I especially do not like it when people tell me that I am wrong without a platform that I can see as reasonable. I feel really disrespected when this happens, and I feel really stupid that I only learned all this today while waiting for my dad to pick me up from Watkins.

The good thing is I feel better now. Blogging is a good way to vent.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm expecting a lawsuit against me for public slandering.

No comments: