Sunday, October 26, 2003

Game Over?

Okay, so I just beat the final goal in Yu-Gi-Oh, which was opening up Free Mode. This mode helps me rig my deck up for an easy win if I ever get my hands on three of the following cards in the game:

Exodia the Forbidden One
Right Leg of the Forbidden One
Right Arm of the Forbidden One
Left Leg of the Forbidden One
Left Arm of the Forbidden One
Gravity Bind


For those of you that do not know jack about the game, if you hold all five of the first cards in your hand, you win automatically. Gravity Bind makes it impossible for high level monster to attack making them more of a shield than a weapon. Normally, you are only allowed one of each of these five cards in your deck at one time. With Free Mode on, I can hold three of each! The only challenge now is finding the two other copies of the cards, seeing how I already have one complete set.

This also means that the game has reached what I call a "Pokemon Ending." This means that the game is technically completed, but there is still more to do. The things left for the player to do could take up a good portion of the time, but since there is no real goal to reach for that would cause any kind of progression in the game other than a feeling of accomplishment, you can pretty much shelf it until you are bored.

Good thing Finding Nemo comes out of DVD soon. Now if only I had money.

No comments: