Saturday, October 18, 2003

The Early Morning End of a Day

The debutante ball went off as how I expected it. It was interesting, sweet, and a little bit flawed. Some parts went off better than others. I think the traditional Filipino dances went off better than anything else.

Ken and Jaime left early and wanted to know if there were any family things left I needed to do. If not, I was welcome to hang out with them. Thank God that was offered, because as much as I was trying to enjoy myself, I really wanted to just get out of there. This is my sister's big night. To have her big brother there when he doesn't want to be would just be bad karma or something.

We went to Dragon Park, mostly because I was not familiar with it. Ken and Jaime, Jaime in particular, seem to have very fond memories of that place. I wish I had that kind of memory to revisit. You know the kind. You go back to a place of childhood joy and remember all those little events that happened in your life when you were innocent and carefree.

We watched Fight Club. Ken and Jaime already watched it, so the film was new to me. I enjoyed it. It was a smart yet strange movie. I think I enjoyed seeing Brad Pitt in a bath robe and shirtless more than anything, but that's me being a slut again. Ken and Jaime kept falling asleep during the movie. I can't blame them. They've seen it before.

So here I am, blogging about my day. I'm actually online at this hour for the first time in eight weeks. It feels strange. I should be asleep because I have to get to the library, and we all know that school work is more important than sleep and Saturday morning cartoons (or at least that is the case now!). Still, it feels rather good. I'm finally free of my dad's sports jacket and that ugly brown suit. I'm sitting here in my favorite jeans and a comfortable shirt listening to the ride audio of various Disney rides with only one real thing on my mind.

Leo and the boys.

No comments: