Friday, September 12, 2003

Spoken Like a True Artist

I am not happy with my non-traditional drawing of a plate of spaghetti. It looks like a brain with a mullet. Drawing it was harder than I originally thought. The pasta sauce wouldn't stick to the dry noodles like I thought it would. On top of that, the noodles kept snapping! God, it was such a pain. I finished the drawing faster than I thought even with all the problems. It still has to dry. The grease from the pasta sauce is making some interesting effects, though. I hope Julie (my Drawing 1 teacher) likes it, because I sure as hell don't.

My aunt asked me a while ago while I was (and still am) waiting for the picture to dry if I had any good photos that I have taken. She wants to make a calendar out of them. I don't think I had any good shots that are calendar worthy, but I handed all my most recent pictures to her. The funny thing is, I haven't taken any photos since our last trip to Disney World. Somehow she found some good shots. Well, what she deems good shots. Frankly, she took all the ones I don't like for one reason or another. They are out of focus; they aren't centered; there isn't enough color. Oh well, if she likes them, more power to her.

No comments: