Friday, September 19, 2003

So Far, So Good

I was downloading 40 Days and 40 Nights and the codec needed to watch it. I started about last night around 23:00 or so. It didn't completely download until this morning around 11:30 or so. Overall the movie was funny, but that's pretty much it. Josh Harnet played his role nicely, although I can't say the same for whoever played "Nicole" in the movie. God, what an evil bitch!

After the movie, I deleted it. Hey, it's not worth keeping. I didn't enjoy it THAT much.

My aunt wanted to go out to Media Play for CD's. She said she'd buy me something too as long as it was under $100 bucks. I told her that cancels me out since the Gameboy Advance SP I want is still $99.99. A little later, she jokingly asked if I have any money to cover the tax. I told her about the $10 dollars that Dad gave me "just in case." Then she told me not to spend any of it!! I love my aunt when she does that.

When we got to Media Play, they had a display up next to the video games celebrating The Nightmare Before Christmas's 10th Anniversary. It's been ten years since it was released?! Wow! On top of that, I wasn't aware of how many Halloween/Christmas decorations they had available. We grabbed the last DVD. We also looked for the soundtrack, but to no avail. That's when we went to Best Buy. Actually, we had to since my aunt wanted to get a DVD/VHS combo unit to replace her VCR. While there, we browsed, but left opting to buy it another day. I was her private IT, and for once, I enjoyed it. My aunt said that apparently I know more than the people working there. Tomorrow we will check Wal-Mart for price comparisons. On our way out, we found the last copy of the Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack!! And the employee running the CD area today said they don't have any left. Shows what she knows.

So, so far everything is going well! We actually acquired everything I wanted for once! Looks like Mom is off the hook and doesn't have to get me a GBA SP anymore! Won't that be good news for her? Okay, maybe not. Knowing her, she probably will be all "You forced your aunt to buy you it, didn't you?" Whatever. As for all the Nightmare Before Christmas stuff? For now, I'm pleasantly sharing it with my aunt, CD and DVD. She said later she will go to BORDERS and look for copies of her own. She also said I can keep the movie!!

I love my Auntie. She knows how to spoil me like I should.

No comments: