Sunday, September 28, 2003

Painting - Good Ventilation = Nice Buzz

I'm on my break. Two paintings in almost four hours or so can really cause one to nearly kill one's self... especially if you do not have that well of a ventilation. This is only the second time I've been affected by paint. Ironically, the first time was also at Watkins back when they were in downtown. The painting students were doing a mural in the staircase. Unfortunately no one knew how to open the windows, so everyone there was exposed to the fumes. This included the kids in the Young Artist Program (YAP). Guess who was in that group? You bet your life it was me!

I would blog saying that I'm not happy with how my paintings came out, but that would just be the normal artist respond to any work. Like Coffey said once, I'm starting to hate not being able to find time to be able to do my own art. It's almost like they are trying to kill our old style or something.

I'm so far behind on my drawing journal it's pathetic. Two days lost and I can't cheat my way into making three drawings (two for the days miss and one for today) because I still have one painting left to do and a value chart that I have to make perfect. I have my plate full today.

I really hate the fact that I was sick for two fucking days only to get better on the last day possible for me to do work. Damn my body's immune system!

No comments: